LEA RUE - Watching You

LEA RUE - Watching You

15/03/2019

Central Station Records

1. Watching You 3:03

Co-written and produced by Yves Gaillard, “Watching You” marks Lea Rue’s determination to pursue the electronic pop- and alternative R&B genre following her previous astonishing debut tracks “I can’t say no” (2015) and “Sleep” (2016). Lea’s motivation to work with young, creative upcoming Belgian talents also resulted in a music video, directed by “Maky Margaridis”.

Her first single "I Can't Say No" took off with amazing results in her home country, Belgium, reaching number 2 on the Ultratop Belgian Singles Chart and number 1 for five weeks in radio MNM Top 50. A remix by Norwegian DJ’s Broiler topped the Norwegian and the Swedish Singles Chart. On Spotify, more than 25 million streams worldwide puts her amongst the top 5 female most streamed Belgian artists.

Her second single "Sleep" reached number 2 on the Ultratop, this time also entering the Studio Brussels chart "De Afrekening”. Topping that, the world’s most popular Belgian DJ Lost Frequencies aka Felix De Laet, remixed “Sleep”, renaming it “Sleep for the weak”, which gained over 12 million streams on Spotify, leaving the rest of the world gearing up to equal this magic Belgian duo-success. The following 2 years, Lea toured with Lost Frequencies around Europe, giving a new live sound to Lost Frequencies’ world hits “Are You With me” and” Reality” with Janieck Devy and Felix himself.

Her new solo single, “Watching you” is written from the internet perspective. It portrays how social media is taking over our lives on a level that is sometimes frightening and oppressive. The lyrics in the song “the city can steal all your thoughts by giving you more, leashed by the shadows through so many open doors”, reflect our commitment to the internet which makes us feel like someone’s always listening or looking in.

Lea likes to use her voice in contrasting ways. High fragile tones often change into low dark ambiances, adding gravity and depth to her lyrics.

https://itunes.apple.com/es/album/watching-you-single/1452616724

℗ 2019 Central Station Records under excl licence from CNR Music Belgium

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Wurz” ().