ALEXANDRA STAN - Unlocked (Álbum)

Fashion Laws (Portada Revista Agosto 2014):

Alexandra Stan, Miss Saxobeat
      by Yanina García
      Sexy y radiante, nuestra chica de portada en exclusiva.

Alexandra Stan, la cantante rumana que llegó al plano internacional con su corte “Mr. Saxobeat” en 2011,
      y se convirtió en un gran éxito en todo el mundo al vender alrededor de un millón de copias en menos de un año
      y llegar al top five en más de veinte países. Actualmente se encuentra promocionando su nuevo single “Dance”,
      que promete conquistar las pistas de baile. Su cara de ángel no siempre va con ese espíritu sexy que la hace
      única e irrepetible. En exclusiva, una de las artistas de moda en la actualidad reservó unos minutos para hablar
      con nosotros sobre su vocación, música, moda y estilo.

¿Qué significa la música en tu vida?
      La música es todo en mi vida, creo que es lo mejor que me pasó; es una parte de mí. Me expreso mejor a través de ella, es como un estado de la mente. El arte cambia a la gente, y creo que la música decidió cambiarme.
      Comencé a cantar cuando tenía solo tres años de edad, y aunque no era consciente de ello, mi familia y vecinos se dieron cuenta de que tenía una buena voz.

¿Cómo comenzaste a modelar? ¿Lo hiciste por diversión, como un hobby, o se trataba de un trabajo de verdad?
      Era muy joven cuando empecé a modelar, tenía aproximadamente trece años y me resultaba divertido hacerlo; fue una experiencia muy importante que me ayudó a madurar y a darme cuenta de cómo interpretar un papel para contar una historia.

Amante de la moda, creadora de su propio estilo y sin miedo a la controversia, ¿cuándo viste o escribe canciones?
      Hoy en día tiendo a vestirme de acuerdo a mi estado de ánimo, me gusta ser creativa a la hora de elegir mi ropa, usar prendas compradas en distintos países y hacer mezclas alocadas. Creo que cuando se trata de moda, uno es libre de ser original y elegir lo que a uno lo representa y se adapta a nuestra personalidad. Me gusta leer sobre moda, estar atenta a las tendencias y trabajar de cerca con mi estilista Andra Moga, armando outfits y el styling en general. Andra es increíble, ella es la encargada de crear mis outfits para los shows, según la dirección creativa.

La moda desempeña un papel muy importante, tanto en mi vida personal como profesional. La moda juega un papel fundamental en mi trabajo creativo junto con la danza, ambos se fusionan y complementan mi música maravillosamente”

¿Te sentís como una mujer que marca tendencia?
      Suena como demasiada presión (entre risas), espero que al menos mis looks sean útiles y sirvan como inspiración. Aunque suene pretencioso, creo que las mujeres debemos ser incitadas a expresarnos y la moda es una buena manera de hacerlo.

¿Qué prenda no puede faltar en tu armario?
      Remeras básicas, siempre. Me gustan porque puedo usarlas con zapatillas deportivas, tacos, mocasines, con todo. Es una prenda que la llevo con seguridad y sé que nunca me decepciona.

¿Quiénes son tus diseñadores favoritos?
      La colección de primavera-verano de este año de Roberto Cavalli es realmente inspiradora, me gusta la manera en juega con los flecos y las transparencias en las telas preciosas. Me encanta el look deportivo Prada, pero con zapatos elegantes. Los vestidos cortos de Yves Saint Laurent, al igual que la tendencia sporty chic de Marni y Gucci. Me encanta el trabajo de Ioana Ciolacu, ella es una diseñadora rumana muy joven que trabaja con variedad de estampados y texturas. No puedo elegir a un solo diseñador o firma, si determinadas colecciones, teniendo en cuenta que mi “diseñador favorito” es diferente de un día para otro.

---

Entrevista en DirectLyrics:

DirectLyrics Interviews Alexandra Stan: On Second Album, New Single "Dance", Speaking Spanish & Romania Tourism!

The Interview

DL: 1. Hi Alexandra! Thank you for doing this interview with us!

Alexandra Stan: My pleasure!!

2. Let’s break the ice! Where are you answering this Q&A from today? And what’s your day been like?

Right now I’m on the Cherry Pop tour in Japan, answering these questions while drinking some lemonade! My days have been pretty busy so far; I’ve had a concert last night, so now I just want to relax with you guys. I hope you’ll go easy on me!

3. I was recently in contact with your record label and they told me there is a new Alexandra Stan album coming very soon. Will it be out this year? Can you venture a month?

Yes, that’s true, I’m launching a new album this year, quite soon actually. We’re not revealing the launch date yet, but it’s safe to say you won’t have to wait for TOO long.

4. How far are you into the recording process of the album? Almost 100%-done?

Yes, the album is almost done, we’re working on the final touches right now. I really like the result and I’m so eager to launch it.

5. You have enlisted the help of new producers for your second album. Alex Cotoi, Sebastian Jacome or Erik Lidbom. What does it feel like to start working with a new group of people?

Working with new people is always good, it can become very creative. It comes with a new positive vibe, you get to have new experiences. I enjoyed the studio hours and I loved working with these amazing people. When we’re all there in the studio we have so much fun that it doesn’t feel like work. That’s why we work till sunrise, almost every time.

6. Before we continue, there is something we’d like to ask about very quickly. Last year was a bad year for you personally. We don’t want to get into the details with you at all, but only want to ask you... have you totally moved on? Are you a tougher woman now? Loving to feel FREE again?

Difficult experiences like that always change you and the beautiful thing is that you get to choose how you let them change you. I had to take some time to figure everything out, in both my personal and professional life. And with the help of my friends and family, I made the right decisions, chose my new path and became stronger in the process.

7. The first single from your second album was the ballad “Thanks for Leaving”. It is very powerful record with a very straightforward “you did me wrong, stay in the past!” message and I think it is Alexandra Stan's first proper ballad too. The inspiration of the song seems pretty evident. Was this an easy song to record and what are your feelings like when you perform it?

This might sound like a cliché, but I expressed myself best through my work. “Thanks For Leaving” is a song that I had to do and had to sing, it carries such a strong emotional message for me. It talks about how important it is sometimes to just let go of things and move on. I feel like I’ve done that. I know others relate to the song’s message too, so I do hope it has helped them do the same.

8. The second single was “Cherry Pop". The song (which you co-wrote) definitely has a J-pop inspiration and the music video too! How did the J-pop influence come about? Do you like J-pop music personally?

It’s true, “Cherry pop”is a J-pop song! It’s a music genre I haven’t approached so far, but one that fits my style. I find J-pop music very energetic, it’s got such a positive vibe to it.We all got pretty excited when we first thought about doing a J-pop song and we’re all very happy with the result.

9. The third single from your upcoming album has just been announced and premiered. It’s called ”DANCE”. “Dance” sees the return of your famous ‘saxophone’ sound. Are you happy to bring it back? (For one moment I thought you were going to leave it in the past!) Who produced/wrote the song?Oh, I’m really happy to have the Saxobeat vibe back, I missed it! I just love the sound of the saxophone in ”Dance”, it brings a certain charm to the song.

The song has a very nice story actually. Last year I was in Paris and I just began humming the song, then singing it. It was amazing, the lyrics got stuck into my head! It got further developed by my team at Fonogram Records, Alex Cotoi and Mika Moupondo, both awesome producers and part of my team.

10. “Dance” sounds like a bona-fide European summer smash. It's my favorite single out of three you've released so far. And a perfect release for the summer! What are your expectations with the new single? #1 of course?

I am confident that this song will be appreciated by Alexandra Stan fans around the world. We’re actually starting to get proof of that - “Dance” reached 1st place on the iTunes Dance Chart in Japan a couple of hours after it was launched. I am very happy with this song!

11. I was surfing through YouTube the other day and saw an interview where you spoke in Spanish! I didn't know you speak Spanish! That's amazing! How did you learn that? And when will we have a Spanish/Spanglish song by Alexandra Stan, please? Has that ever been discussed?

Haha, believe it or not, I learned Spanish from watching TV. As a little girl I kind of loved watching Spanish soap operas. Funny and true! I also speak a bit of Italian, which I learned from watching movies. I wouldn’t say no to singing a song is Spanish, actually…

12. What are your Top 5 songs of the moment?

Wow, that’s a tough one. I love listening to new stuff, and it’s also part of the job description! If I were to choose the first that pop into my head… Sia – 'Chandelier' (and boy, that video is amazing!); Arctic Monkeys - 'One For The Road'; Y’akoto - 'Without You'; Jason Derulo - 'Wiggle'; and Drake - '0 to 100'.

13. There’s a question I strongly want to ask you. Just as curiosity! Alexandra Stan and Inna are Romania’s biggest pop stars. Romania should feel proud of both of you. Do you know Inna personally? Would you be open to record a duet with her in a future if the opportunity arose?

Yes, I do know Inna; we’ve met at different concerts and other events! I really respect what she’s been doing lately and would definitely be open to a collaboration!

14. You celebrated your birthday last month (June 10). Happy belated birthday! What did you do that day? Got any special present?

Thaaank you! I chose to spend my birthday with my family and close friends whom I don’t get to see as often as I’d like. It was a relaxing day I enjoyed it to the fullest. I got a lot of awesome and meaningful presents. I love presents that carry sentimental value, they’re the best!

15. I've never been to Bucharest and I think I should! What would you say to someone who hasn't been to your country yet?

I'd tell them that Romania is a country that is worth visiting! Everyone who comes here raves about the nightlife (and rightfully so!). The scenery in the mountains is really impressive. I was born at the seaside, in Constanta, so I obviously love the beach. The Danube Delta is amazing too…You really should come over, you’ll love it!

16. Thanks for your time, Alexandra! Best of luck with everything! Any last thing you would like to share with our readers?

They should stay tuned because my new album is going to be launched soon. They can follow my official Facebook page, for updates regarding my activities and concerts. I love you all!

En RESUMEN:

-Podria cantar en Español sin problemas y tiene ganas.
      -Haria un Duo con Inna encantada.
      -Seguramente en un mes saldra el album nuevo.
      -Para este album, tiene nuevos colaboradores (Alex Cotoi /// Sebastian Jacome /// Erik Lidbom)
      -Confia en que "Dance" sea su proximo exito... En España ya tardan entonces... (Como siempre)

BY @ello- 2014

Post was edited 1 time, last by “ellodance” ().

Teaser [Alexandra Stan SoundCloud (23-08-2014)]:

soundcloud.com/alexandrastanr/…n-unlocked-official-album

01- Little Lies
      02- Cherry Pop
      03- Dance
      04- Back To Light
      05- Give Me Your Everything
      06- Kiss Me Goodbye
      07- Digital
      08- Zoom Zoom
      09- Set Me Free (Feat. Grano)
      10- Celebrate
      11- Happy
      12- Thanks For Leaving
      13- Holding Aces
      14- Dance (Grano Remix)
      15- Cherry Pop (Sonic-E And Woolhouse Remix)

BY @ello- 2014
      Esta claro, que ha cambiado un poco de estilo, es mas bien pop, pero a pesar de eso Hay muy buenos temazos, incluso uno, que en lo poco de la preview, Canta en ESPAÑOL el tema ''Kiss me Goodbye'', tiene buena pinta, pero sin duda, el que mas me gusta es el de ''DANCE'' que es el que mas recuerda a sus inicios!

Label: Fonogram Records / JVCKENWOOD Victor Entertainment Corp.

01- Little Lies 03:42
      02- Cherry Pop 03:12
      03- Dance 03:42
      04- Back To Light 03:35
      05- Give Me Your Everything 03:26
      06- Kiss Me Goodbye 03:19
      07- Digital 03:50
      08- Zoom Zoom 03:26
      09- Set Me Free (Feat. Grano) 03:55
      10- Celebrate 03:28
      11- Happy 03:30
      12- Thanks For Leaving 03:37