EDX feat. BB DIAMOND - Want You (Then I Found You)

13/04/2015
      HK Records
      HKR024

2015 Sirup Music under exclusive license to HK Records, a label of Ministry of Sound Recordings, Ltd.

Description
      House producer and DJ EDX has unveiled his debut release for Ministry of Sound's sub label HK Records with 'Want You'. Set for release on April 13th, 'Want You' follows a string of Beatport chart successes - his massive remix of Nora En Pure & Sons of Maria's Uruguay is currently at number 8 in the overall chart - and paves the way for what's set to be another promising year for the Swiss.

Well-known for exploring different genres within the electronic scene, 'Want You' comes through with EDX's poignant signature style but also brings a darker undertone that demonstrates his multifaceted skills as a producer. Whilst there are still remnants of the electro basslines found in the summer smashes of 'Make me Feel Good' and 'Cool You Off', EDX's latest offering certainly favours a deeper sound of house that's in tune with Ministry of Sound's forward thinking music policy.

With a career thats spanned over 10 years, Maurizio Colella aka EDX has a longstanding dedication to the scene that's been built around his distinct progressive flair - counting remixes for the likes of Calvin Harris, Avicii and Kaskade as well as recently referencing the old school for 'Remember House'. After joining Ministry of Sound's 23rd Birthday celebrations last September alongside Benny Benassi, he's also set to round off his huge 25-date 'Progression of Sound' tour at this year's Miami's Winter Conference - moving into spring with strong momentum.

Beatport: goo.gl/TyzAsm
      Spotify: smarturl.it/WantYou_SPY

1. Want You (Extended Mix) 05:25 / 122 BPM

MINISTRY OF SOUND

pro.beatport.com/release/want-you/1491453

EDX - ‘Want You (Then I Found You)’ feat. BB Diamond
      (HK Records / Ministry of Sound / Sirup Music)

Release date: 30th October 2015
      Spotify: po.st/SpotifyEDX

After an undeniably remarkable year of Beatport, Shazam and touring success, 2015 gets even bigger for producer EDX with his new vocal version featuring BB Diamond: ‘Want You (Then I Found You)’, an infectious tune that ripples between deep house and dance anthem, to be released on the 30th October 2015 via HK Records / Ministry Of Sound.

Opening with the smooth and intoxicating vocals from upcoming UK singer–Jess Glynn’s current support act–BB Diamond, EDX folds in a rolling groove and bouncing bassline to complement this latest offering, which now strikes the perfect balance between soulful uptempo love song and punchy club production.

With a string of quality releases in 2015 alone and his discography dubbed a ‘glimmering trophy case’ by Thump, it’s clear EDX has well and truly made his mark. His remix of Sam Feldt’s “Show Me Love” is still riding high on the Beatport charts, amassing over 35 million Soundcloud streams and is garnering even more support as the #5 most Shazam-ed track of this Ibiza season. His slick new remix of Robin Schulz ’Sugar’ released in early September is yet another stand-out reworking. It becomes clear that his new original production ‘Belong’, set for release on the 21st September, is shaping up to be an end of summer anthem before he rounds it off with ’Want You (Then I Found You)’ on the 30th October.